Below are 3 common problems we discovered when there was a Houston shower leak behind the wall.
One of the main causes for a Houston bathroom remodel and repair is water leaks. A shower leak behind the wall, a leaking window inside the shower, or a leaky shower pan.
Listed below are the common 3 signs to help you discover if your bathroom has a water leak.
The average bathroom life span is 15 to 20 years. Around the 15 year mark the space becomes outdated and signs of water leaks may be present.
The costly mistake homeowners make is ignoring leaks.
I get it.
Leaks never happen at the right time. It’s either you have a lot going on and can’t handle another time on your plate or the funds are low.
Unfortunately, water leaks don’t go away when you ignore them.
They get bigger, cause more damage and expensive repairs.
It would be nice if your bathroom lasted forever, but the reality is, a remodel or repair will be necessary at some point!
3 Signs of A Shower Leak Behind the Wall
1. A Leaky Shower Head
- Often times when ignored, the leak with start penetrating through cracked grout. And eventually water will get behind the walls.
- You’ll get signs (if you’re lucky) that the damage is getting worst. Tiles becoming loose, caulking turns black, or water stains on exterior wood trim will appear.
- Cracked grout or caulking in the shower, tub, corners, or bath floor is from moisture or water.
2. Leak From A Shower Pan
- Cracked caulking around the base of the shower pan, especially corners is a sign of a water leak.
- Ignoring the leak usually leads to loose floor tiles around the bath tub.
- Water stains in the corner of the shower by a doorway.
- Warped, dry rot wood or loose baseboards near the shower.
3. Leaking Window Inside The Shower
- Windows leak, especially in the shower.
- A loose tile or grout around the window will create a water leak behind the wall.
- An exterior window that is not properly sealed will allow water to enter when it rains. This unforeseen problem is harder to detect because the water only enters when the rain is blowing at an angle.
- Mold or, mildew build up in the window corners may appear from a leak.
Addressing leaks immediately, can save you thousands in bathroom repairs!
Do you need bathroom services in Houston, Cypress, Katy or Spring?
Call Time for Remodeling at 281-809-7554. We have over 19 years dealing with hidden surprises and unforeseen problems that arise with a full gut or repair.